MU-L8 Robot: Smart Racing Robot
MU-L8 Robot, MU-L8
MU-L8 Robot is a unique advancement in the area of robotics research because of its ease of replication, low cost components relative to other comparable humanoids, and its employment of open-source ROS. One of the main innovations of this robot is the use of a 3D printer to create the limbs, hands, feet, neck, and head of the teen-sized humanoid robot.
- MU-L8 measures 91.5cm tall and weighs 7.6kg.
- It has 24 total DOF provided by Dynamixel servos.
- Each leg has six MX-106T actuators; each arm has three MX-64T and two MX-28T actuators.
- The neck has two MX-64T actuators.
- All limbs are 3D printed ABS plastic and the torso is machined aluminum
MU-L8 Robot Design:
- Country: USA
- Company: Marquette University Humanoid Engineering & Intelligent Robotics Lab