Linkoping University, Linkoping
Linkoping University: It's a state university in Linköping, Sweden. Linköping University was granted full university status in 1975 and is now one of Sweden's larger academic institutions. Education, research and PhD training are the mission of four faculties: Arts and Sciences, Educational Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, and the Institute of Technology. In order to facilitate interdisciplinary work, there are 14 large departments combining knowledge from several disciplines and often belonging under more than one faculty. Linköping University emphasises dialogue with the surrounding business sphere and the community at large, both in terms of research and education. In 2015, Linköping University was home to 27,000 students and 4,000 employees.
Faculties (Linkoping University)
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and Linkoping University Hospital
- Linkoping Institute of Technology
- Faculty of Educational Sciences
Campuses (Linkoping University)
- Campus Valla, about three kilometers from the city centre of Linköping, is where the majority of students and researchers study and work.
- The University Hospital campus in Linköping houses the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Campus Norrköping, is a city campus 40 kilometres northeast of Linköping. About one-fourth of the students are enrolled here.
- The Carl Malmsten School of Furniture (Malmstens Linköping University) has been part of Linköping University since 2000. After almost 60 years at the city centre, the school moved into new premises in Lidingo, on the outskirts of Stockholm in 2009.